Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour with a licensed guide
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour highlights: The Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Santa Maria in Trastevere and Santa Maria Sopra Minerva etc.
- Pick-up/Drop-off: at Santa Maria Maggiore.
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people.
- Price: 350 EUR
- Cancellation: Free cancellation if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
In this 4-hour private walking tour of Rome's most beautiful churches, your professional English speaking licensed guide will show you 4 of the most beautiful churches/basilicas of Rome (excluding St Peter's Basilica and Pantheon): The Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Archbasilica of St. John Lateran, Santa Maria in Trastevere and Santa Maria Sopra Minerva. Our tour usually includes a 45-min visit inside each one.
Our licensed guide is at your disposal so that he/she stops as much as you wish and gives you deeper explanation about what you see. You are in command, this is YOUR walking tour.
If you have no special request, we will show you as much as we can about these 4 churches so that you get your bearings.
If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online. We can for instance replace the visit of one or 2 of the churches described above by Basilica of San Clemente or Basilica of Santa Maria del Popolo.
This is an excellent tour to program in the middle or at the end of your stay, if you are in Rome for the 1st time or if you wish to refresh your memory or if you are travelling with people who have never been.
Our guide generally meets you at Santa Maria Maggiore for the beginning of the visit but we can also arrange for a pick-up at the hotel or for a different meeting point. It is also possible for us to arrange a private chauffeur with Mercedes E-Class (200 EUR for 4 hours) or Mercedes V-Class (280 EUR for 4 hours) at an extra cost.