Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tour highlights: Cupid & Psyche and the Triumph of Galatea by Raphael, the Wedding Hall, Peruzzi's Hall of Perspectives
- Meeting Point: in front of the entrance of the Villa Farnesina.
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people.
- Price: 280 + 6 EUR per person
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
During this 2-hour tour of the Villa Farnesina, you will get first an introduction of the Renaissance style and what has changed dramatically with this new art movement. Then your passionate guide will take you around what used to be the private house of Agostino Chigi, a rich Sienese banker and the treasurer of Pope Julius II. Chigi commissioned the fresco decoration of the villa by artists such as Raphael, Sebastiano del Piombo, Giulio Romano, and Il Sodoma.
You will have the chance to admire stunning masterpieces from Raphael such as Cupid & Psyche and the Triumph of Galatea and many more. Your professional guide will immerse you in the life of those painters during the mid/late 1500's so that you understand how they dramatically changed the art and the way to look at it. You will learn a lot and enjoy all this beauty at the same time.
Our licensed expert guide is at your disposal so that he/she stops as much as you wish and gives you deeper explanation about what you see. You are in command, this is YOUR private tour of the Villa Farnesina.
If you have no special request, we will show you as much as we can, to give you the best overview of the palace/museum, so that you get your bearings.
If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online.