Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour
- Duration: 3 hours
- Tour highlights: The Borghese Gardens, Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne, Rape of Proserpine, Antonio Canova’s Pauline Bonaparte, Caravaggio’s David and Goliath, Caravaggio’s St. John The Baptist, Raphael’s The Deposition, Titian’s The Scourging of Christ etc.
- Meeting Point: Borghese Gallery & Gardens
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people.
- Price: 320 EUR + 17 EUR / adult (4 EUR / child)
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
The Borghese Gallery is a world-class art museum housed in the beautiful former 17th century garden villa of Cardinal Borghese. The Galleria Borghese houses a substantial part of the Borghese collection of paintings, sculpture and antiquities, begun by Cardinal Scipione Borghese who was a real art buff and at a very young age became one of Bernini's biggest fans and patrons. This villa was decorated and furnished mostly due to Scipione Borghese's tastes and very strong will. If you only have the time (or inclination) for one art gallery tour in Rome, make it this one as the Borghese Gallery is the perfect place for art lovers to admire art in a beautiful space without big crowds in Rome. Housing what's often referred to as the "Queen of all private art collections", the Borghese Gallery boasts paintings by Caravaggio, Raphael, Rubens and Titian, as well as some sensational sculptures by Bernini & Canova. Our 3-hour private tour of the Borghese Gallery aims at making the visit more enjoyable (especially if you have children/teenagers in your party!) and less overwhelming.
In this 3-hour private tour, our professional licensed guide will expertly guide you around the museum, telling you about the pieces and sharing interesting stories about the artwork and the Borghese owners. Our guide will share interesting tidbits about one of the Raphael paintings, the statue of Pauline Bonaparte by Canova, the two busts of the Cardinal himself, and the dark antics of the Cardinals’ favorite Baroque artist Caravaggio. You will then have a close look at the exquisite Bernini statues, particularly Bernini’s The Rape of Proserpina, before enjoying a nice walk in the Borghese Gardens.
Please note we can also design a tailor-made itinerary in the Borghese Gallery around your specific interests (with a few days prior notice).