Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour
- Duration: 3 hours
- Tour highlights: Basilica di Cecilia, Palazzo Mattei and the Turtle Fountain, San Crisogono, Tiber Island, Santa Maria in Trastevere, Tiber Island, Portico d'Ottavia, Teatro Di Marcello, the Great Synagogue of Rome (outside only) etc.
- Meeting Point: Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people
- Price: 320 EUR for your party
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
In this 3-hour private guided walking tour, your licensed guide will lead you through the district of Trastevere, charming medieval neighbourhood with a fiery temperament. From romantic winding alleyways and cobblestone streets to majestic churches and splendid piazzas, there's plenty to see in this neighborhood. Our professional guide will embark you on a magical stroll around Trastevere, a formerly working-class district with a great nightlife that will take you away from the crowds to the hidden jewels of Rome.
We will start this tour from Piazza Di Santa Maria and you have the opportunity to visit one of Rome’s most ancient Churches, the Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere, and admire its beautiful golden mosaics by Cavallini depicting the font of oil that spouted when Christ was born.
A hidden treasure today, Trastevere was once also home to a walled Jewish community that lived under unfair conditions in tremendous poverty. You will see the Great Synagogue of Rome at the heart of the Ghetto (from the outside) and understand a bit more the history of the Jewish community in Rome and the relationships with the Christian community.
This tour will give you the opportunity to see the Basilica di Cecilia, Palazzo Mattei, San Crisogono, Tiber Island, Santa Maria in Trastevere, Tiber Island, Portico d'Ottavia, Teatro Di Marcello, the Great Synagogue of Rome (outside only) etc.
You will also discover some of the hidden gems of Rome like the Turtle Fountain, the Crypt of St Cecilia etc, which you would easily miss if you were walking by without knowing. A visit in Trastevere still feels a bit like entering a different time and place.
A tour of the Trastevere would not be complete without a visit to a local trattoria/osteria so our guide will give you some suggestions for dining in this area.
This is a nice walk through amazing places which will give you a best idea of a true Trastevere atmosphere.