Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Driving Tour with a licensed driver-guide (or on option, for an extra cost, with a driver and a separate licensed guide)
- Duration: 10 hours
- Tour highlights: Houses of Julie Felix, Loreius Tiburtinus, Menander, Sallust, House of the Tragic Poet, House of the Vettii Lupanar, Suburban Baths, Temple of Isis, House of the Gladiators, House of the Faun, Villa of the Mysteries
- Meeting Point: in the lobby of your hotel or in front of your apartment's building in Rome
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people
- Price: 1000 EUR + 15 EUR / adult (entrance fees included)
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
Pompeii was an ancient Roman town-city near modern Naples, in the Campania region of Italy. Pompeii, along with Herculaneum and many villas in the surrounding area, was destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of volcanic ash in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. At the time of its destruction, its population was estimated at 11,000 people, and the city had a complex water system, an amphitheatre, gymnasium, and a port.
During this full day private tour, you will be picked up by our licensed driver-guide in Rome and he will drive you to Naples and Pompei (2.5-hour drive each way). Our professional guide will show you spectacular frescoes & ancient graffitis, homes and shops in Pompei like the Houses of Julie Felix, Loreius Tiburtinus, Menander, Sallust, the House of the Tragic Poet, the House of the Vettii Lupanar, etc. You will be immersed in the magnificent archaeological ruins of Pompeii: our excellent guide does not only show you the streets & houses, but he brings them to life for you, so that you understand how this disaster froze thousands of lives forever. Despite the devastation wrought by Vesuvius, there are still countless poignant remnants - oil lamps, jewellery, furniture, statues of the gods, and even a lovers’ last kiss. You will also discover the theatre, the thermal baths, the rich domus, the gladiators’ gym, the fountains, the forum, the mills, and famous temples such as the Temple of Isis where you’ll get a better understanding of the secrets of Roman religion, including the nature of cults, superstitions and funerary rites.
The sprawling ruins of Pompeii may seem quite overwhelming for a first-time visitor but your visit there will be made easier by your licensed guide.
Your driver-guide will bring you to a local Napolitan joint for lunch (lunch not included).
In the afternoon, our driver-guide will bring you back to Rome (2.5-hour drive).
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is within Central Rome limits.
It is also possible to pick you up outside Central Rome limits at extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.