Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Driving Tour with a licensed driver-guide (or on option, for an extra cost, with a driver and a separate licensed guide)
- Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Highlights: Villa d'Este (Rometta Fountain, The Hundred Fountains, Fountain of Ovato, Fountain of the Dragons, Fountain of the Water Organ), Hadrian's Villa (Pecile, Maritime Theatre, Thermae with Heliocaminus, Casino of Semicircular Arcades, Small Baths, Great Bath House , Canopus, Hundred Chambers)
- Meeting Point: in the lobby of your hotel or in front of your apartment's building
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people
- Price: 750 EUR + 16 EUR / adult (4 EUR / child) (entrance tickets included)
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
During this full day private guided tour of Tivoli Villas & Gardens, you will have the opportunity to discover the Roman countryside and both the Villa d'Este and the Villa Adriana (Hadrian's Villa).
The driver-guide will pick you up at your hotel (or apartment) to drive you first to Villa d'Este (45 min drive). There, with your licensed guide, you will begin your private guided visit of the Villa d'Este, its impressive Gardens (ranked in the Top Ten Most Beautiful Gardens in the World by National Geographic) and breathtaking fountains which lay on sloping terraces shaded by old oak and cypress trees. Villa D'Este was the residence of one of the most powerful cardinals of the 1500s, Ippolito d'Este, son of the famous Lucrezia Borgia. In 1550 Cardinal Ippolito d'Este was appointed Governor of Tivoli and he acquired the Villa d'Este. The Villa's fame is due more to its gardens than to the building itself. It was intended for entertaining and contains lavishly frescoed reception rooms. Each alley, path or avenue reveals a new mossy fountain in a carefully landscaped panorama: there are over five hundred fountains altogether. You will have the opportunity with your guide to discover the Rometta Fountain, the Hundred Fountains, the Fountain of Ovato, the Fountain of the Dragons and the Fountain of the Water Organ.
After this amazing visit, you will have a lunch in a local joint restaurant in the charming town of Tivoli before our driver-guide will bring you to Villa Adriana (20 min drive).
Built as a private summer retreat in around 120-130 AD, Hadrian's Villa was a vast open-air museum of the finest architecture of the Roman world. This villa included more than 30 buildings across 300 acres: enormous baths, temples, palaces, libraries and theatres. Your passionate guide will show you not only the main sites (including the Canopus, the Baths, the Gymnasium, the Barracks and the Libraries), but how the people who occupied the villa actually lived – from the soldiers that guarded the villa, to the slaves that serviced it, and to the nobles who joined Hadrian for his famous summer feasts.
If you'd like, it is possible to add the visit of one more villa in Tivoli like the Villa Gregoriana (with additional ticket costs in this case).
We will then drive you back to Rome and drop you off at your hotel or apartment.
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is within Central Rome limits.
It is also possible to pick you up outside Central Rome limits at extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.