Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Driving Tour with a driver + a separate guide
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour highlights: The Basilica of San Clemente, Appian Way, Catacombs of San Callisto, Capuchin Crypt (in option for an extra cost and 1 hour more)
- Meeting Point: in the lobby of your hotel / apartment
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people.
- Price: 600 EUR + 25 EUR / adult for 1-7 guests (entrance tickets included)
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
Come discover with us one of the most fascinating off-the-beaten-path aspect of Rome: its underground full of catacombs, crypts, quarries etc.
Our driver and our licensed guide will take you around 4 different sites: the Basilica of San Clemente, the Catacombs of San Callisto (Rome largest Catacombs) and the Capuchin Crypt (nicknamed the "Bone Chapel") and you will learn for instance about the Capuchin monks who used human bones to build and decorate their crypt. You will also discover the Appian Way, one of Italy’s oldest roads, hear about its history, including the Catacombs that make up nearly 186 miles (300 km) of underground tunnels. The Basilica of San Clemente is made up of three structures from the 2nd, 4th and 12th centuries built on top of one another that you will explore with your licensed driver-guide.
Our private tour is the best option to gain a great understanding of the amazing Roman Catacombs, watch beautiful frescoes while spending just the right amount of time in the streets.
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is within Central Rome city limits.
It is also possible to pick you up outside Central Rome limits at extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.